This is my blog post number 6 in Connie Ragen’ 30 Days Blog Challenge.
There are many URL shortening services available.
Recently I learned about BudURL.com and I think it is a pretty cool service. In many ways it is similar to other URL shrinking services, but it has some great features that makes it different from other services. It’s easy to use, and with a free account you can create & track up to 250 BudURLs. If your needs go beyond this you can pay for different kinds of pro accounts.
One of the coolest things is that you can name your shortened URLs using 4-20 characters.
Other BudURL features:
- Manage all of your links in one easy interface with custom notes to keep track of your placement
- Instant click stats in your personal Click Stream
- See referrers, click charts, and more!
- Create multiple BudURLs that point to the same destination so you can tell which source generates the best ROI
- See which cities, states, and countries drive your traffic
- 301 and 307 redirects ensure the best tracking and search engine benefits
- Twitter integration to schedule your tweets from BudURL!
Here is a video that tells more about BudURL:
I hope you found this post useful!